August 22, 2012

Style attempt: Braidout

As I promised I will be trying more style so I went home after working a 12 hr shift and did a braid out.  Now if anyone has looked into my youtube or even read my previous post one of the reason I don;t curl my hair is because I don't feel the curls last very long which means I would have to keep re-curling them every so many days.  This is something that I'm not willing to do so i don't style my hair until now.  I think I have found the problem to my dilema. I sectioned off my hair taking enough to make a mid size braid.  Before I braided my hair I put some of this on my hair thinking it was going to provide some kind of hold but that's not what it did.  Next I must read the product label before I buy it. I know I'm not the only person guitly of this.  However, the products is from the Palmer's Olive line.
When I bought this I thought it was just hair mousse which is something my friend suggested to me since I wasn't haven't any luck with any of the seeting lotions I had try. However, once I started to apply this mousse on to my hair I realize it didn't have much of a hold instead it was providing moisture. Which is something my hair needs living in this dry state of Colorado. However for me to get some kind of hold I used some Suave spritz in a spray bottle with some water.  As you can see from the picture the Sauve products was the max hold solution and I just diluted it by adding it and some water into a separate spray bottle I had. I will put a pictre of that bottle up later as I don't have one available right now. One part sauve solution to three parts water
 
Once I had completed all my braids I used my spray bottle with my water and sauve solution to spray each braid really goood before I tied my hair up.


 These three pictures are what my locks looked like in the braids.  I only kept the braids in for 8 hours because I had to go to work that same night and didn't want to wear those braids to work.  The picture below is what my hair looked like right after taking the braid out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Purpose

My photo
This blog was designed to capture the progress of my Sisterlocks. However, two years in and I have realized this blog is really to capture all the exciting moments in my life and my son's. Please take the time to visit my youtube blog at http://www.youtube.com/user/NubianHoney87