August 22, 2012

My niece is joining the journey

My mom, my 3 aunts, and I have yet another family member to welcome into the Sisterlocks sisterhood and that person would be my niece.  After months and months of asking my mom if she could have sisterlocks because her own mother has problems accepting natural hair the day finally came when my mom start yes.  Hoooray I was so excited to see what my niece's hair would look like in sisterlocks beautiful I must say and I'm a little jealous of length. In order not to over tired my niece out the family consultant and my mom agreed to break the installation up half one week and the rest the following week. Seeing that my niece has never had any perm or harsh chemicals on her hair our consultant said her hair would mostly lock extremely fast which is a good thing.  As you can see by the nappiest of her hair she is a good candidate for locks




This is what she looked like when the back was half way done.  I forget to take a picture of what she looked like with the back completely done I will make sure to get that before she goes back to get the rest done this coming up Sunday.  Plus we will be attempting a style with some curls for that post.
"She will not be defined by her hair"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Purpose

My photo
This blog was designed to capture the progress of my Sisterlocks. However, two years in and I have realized this blog is really to capture all the exciting moments in my life and my son's. Please take the time to visit my youtube blog at http://www.youtube.com/user/NubianHoney87